Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ohhhh, that's what I'm supposed to be doing

As with most things in life, I can relate something that happened to me to a joke from The Simpsons;


(Sorry that it seems to be in Czechoslovakian (maybe), it was the only version that I could find, but I quite liked it because it seemed oddly apposite in that it is basically total gibberish to me)

I'm still a bit hazy on the whole marketing deal. Apparently marketing for an arts magazine involves spending a lot of time scouring the inner city for possible contacts, then painstakingly writing emails to people begging them to buy the stupid thing. So far there have been no glamorous parties or freebies, and after two days of bewilderment I really feel that I should have experienced at least one of these. I do feel somewhat entitled to them.

So after gallivanting about Sydney all day lugging a bag full of magazines,  I'm a bit footsore and a bit sunburned, and the only freebie I've had all day was a cup of tea, and I'm  feeling somewhat disillusioned with the whole 'having a grown up's job' lark. 

On the positive side, I did see this stuff today;

OMG LEOPARD PRINT

Ah, Spanish graffiti. That takes me back. Not really sure what it says, Google translate has it as 'I have wounded at this difficult stage of life that is the withdrawal'. Really makes you think. 

Fruit bats in the botanic garden


This abomination

Now I am going to have a large drink and go to bed. There's more marketing afoot tomorrow, and I needs my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment