Sunday, April 24, 2011

Eating chocolate for Jesus - it's what he would have wanted

Being a selfish, childless pagan, Easter for me usually means 1) socially sanctioned chocolate orgies (I don't even really like chocolate that much, but I do have deep respect for Jesus and I take very seriously the question What Would Jesus Do?, to which I assume the answer is 'gorge himself on sweets') and 2) time off work. So it was really nice this Easter to have a child on board, one who, despite his often very serious and grown up demeanour, is still enough of a kid to want to do an Easter egg hunt. 


Which was nice. 

For my part, I have been sitting here in front of the computer with a bag of Cadbury eggs. Or with the wrappers from what was once a bag of Cadbury eggs. 


It might not look like much, but that right there represents sixteen standard issue chocolate eggs, all eaten before lunch. My hands are actually shaking. I can see through time. I'm going to lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment