Friday, April 29, 2011

I don't hate, I just don't care.

Royal wedding, schymoyal wedding. I'm a tiny bit of a closet monarchist (Republic? NEVER!), I do love a wedding, and I genuinely hope that the happy couple (Prince Baldylocks and My Little Pony, as they are known in our house) have a long and contented life together. They seem like perfectly nice people, and good luck to them. But I just don't care about it that much, and it bugs me that EVERY story on the Sydney Morning Herald website today is about the bloody wedding. Yes, it's exciting. But also there is stuff happening in the world that is actually important, and not just shiny. There's a good round-up on the Foreign Policy website.

Here are some other (mostly shiny and not important) things that I've been reading instead of wedding gossip;

No comments:

Post a Comment