Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Profanity cake

As promised. This is the punchline of a stupid joke that my brother was quite taken by, so I rendered it in cake form for his birthday. For the curious, this is a chocolate pound cake with Toblerone ganache icing, buttercream 'art', and lots of those shiny silver thingys that go on cake. Jdack didn't notice the shiny silver thingys, took a big bite and chipped a tooth, because that's how things work in our family. Blessed with generally excellent health, birthdays tend to bring catastrophic illnesses. Ask me nicely, and one day I will sing to thee of My Sister's Eighteenth Birthday, When She Was Mightily Ill And We Ate Her Birthday Dinner Without Her.


Mother's Day/Jdack's Birthday was lovely, we went down to Manly and ate sushi in the manner of people who have decided that, yes, fish stocks are running out, but screw the next generation. We have doomed them to a life without California rolls, and I say who gives a damn? They'll have their robot butlers and cyber-puppies to make up for it. We drank a lot of wine, and were sitting there long after everyone else had left, and the restaurant staff started pointedly packing up around us. So then we went to the pub. It's really nice to be at an age where my family are also my friends. I know how lame that sounds, but it's true.



Happy birthday, big-little brother, you're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment