Thursday, May 5, 2011

This is why they tell you not to go food shopping when you're hungry

Today's receipt from the supermarket;
  • Gnocchi, potato, dry
  • Kraft peanut butter, crunchy, 780g (in my head, this is to go on celery sticks as a snack - it will be eaten by the spoon, possibly with ice cream)
  • Thick cream (no reason other than it was on sale)
  • Unsalted butter (cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes)
  • Block milk chocolate (also on sale)
  • Toblerone qty 2 (also on sale)
  • Smith's chips, crinkle cut (also on sale - curse you, Woolworths)
  • Frozen peas (to prevent scurvy)

And what sort of dinner do we get from all that?

Gnocchi with cream and peas, and chocolate cupcakes. I am on a high of carbs and unrefined sugar, but when I come down I will be very, very disappointed with myself.

The other day my brother came home from work and pulled a Toblerone out of his backpack. 'This', he said, looking extremely pleased, 'is a present from past Jdack to future Jdack.' I love this idea. Right now I am quite upset with past Tash's lack of discipline. How could she cave like that after only three days of definitely-not-a-diet? How could she do that to me? But when I was eating that dinner, I was letting future Tash worry about the consequences, because back then I was present Tash, and I was enjoying my evening gorge. Right now I'm thinking that maybe future Tash will need to go for a long walk. But by then I will be present Tash, and she'll think that maybe yet another future Tash should go for that walk. Of course, when I go out on the weekend I will curse past Tash for being too lazy to get some exercise, because what will by then be present Tash won't fit into her dress. Am I making sense? Damn you, sugar rush. I'm going to go and lie down, and let a more rational future version of myself write the next entry.

EDIT: I am not alone! I just saw this, which explains this concept in a much clearer format. Hooray for comics!

No comments:

Post a Comment