Thursday, September 15, 2011

Babies!

Not ours, calm down. 

But we do have two new gorgeous babies in the family, which has given me lots of opportunity to waft around baby shops, melting gently at the sight of all those teeny tiny little shoes (I'm not clucky, I'm just... starting to think that maybe having a baby of my own wouldn't be the worst thing in the world). One of the newly spawned humans is the first child for my oldest cousin and his wife, and the other is my uncle and his wife's third, and they are both absolutely adorable (the babies, not my uncle and his wife, though they can be quite cute as well). 

I dedicate my favourite Kurt Vonnegut quote to them;

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - God damn it, you've got to be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment