Thursday, April 7, 2011

I suddenly feel better about my life choices

Oonagh Moodling, a writer and speaker on the desensitisation of the workplace, tells me: "The most seemingly innocuous words can cause subconscious limitation or damage. The term "human resources" is a limiting term because it commodifies people as things to be used instead of genuine assets to be nurtured. Language has such a deep influence on people because it patterns and dictates how we think. This is why I suggest Human Resource departments are renamed Human Potential. All you need to feel is your own emotional response to those two phrases to notice the difference."

I may be floundering in the very shallows of the world of grown up employment, but at least I'm not spouting nonsensical crap like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment