Sunday, December 18, 2011

Salted caramel shame

I've been in the kitchen all day today, making cakes and things to take into work tomorrow as a token of appreciation of the general loveliness of my colleagues. 

I made an Italian style fruit cake, which worked out perfectly and which I shall proudly deliver to the office kitchen in the morning.

I also made some salted caramel shortbread, which I had intended to wrap in little cellophane gift bags and give to everyone. I used this recipe, which is supposed to to turn out looking like this;


This is how mine turned out;

Nailed it.

It does taste amazing though, and I've been picking at it all afternoon. I actually feel shaky from all the sugar I've eaten today, but it's just so addictive. Besides, we're T-6 days til Christmas and if you can't make yourself sick on heart-stoppingly bad for you treats now, when can you do it?

I trimmed up the best looking bits and they look presentable, so I'll just take them in and dump them in the kitchen for people to attempt to eat, though they'll probably need a spoon. Definitely one to try again - I've got the taste down, now I just need to sort out a few minor presentation issues. I think I need a bit of recovery time first, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment