Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Here is a new post

I have not been posting because I have a new phone, and it requires all my energy. It's worse than having a child. I imagine.

I have got myself a Samsung Galaxy S2, the latest and most swishest of the non-Apple products. It can do everything. It can make phone calls. It can text. It can take pictures. It can go on the bloody internet, for God's sake*. I gather it also has other capabilities, but I'm buggered if I can figure them out.

I cannot even begin to understand how it works and have been reacting in a slightly unhinged way. From making it go on the internet (tears), to turning off sound the camera makes (shouting), to sending text messages (tears and shouting), I have been behaving like a mildly psychotic caveman who is terrified by a magic box he cannot explain but that he wants so badly to understand.

I also can't stop talking about the stupid thing, and I have become one of those people I have always hated - I am now the sort of person who brings their phone up in conversation in a non-ironic way.

I hope to have full control of my emotions and thought processes again over the next few days, at which point I think I should be able to engage with the world at large again.

Until then, godspeed.

*re: Black Books 'can it stop boring conversations?'. No. No it cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment